THE ANSWER TO that question—to pay or not to pay?— regarding the avail ability of workers’ compensation to those who may have contracted COVID -19 in the workplace is, well . it depends. Cases paid without contest so far have generally been those involving medical personnel on the frontlines early in the pandemic; ICU workers; and physicians, nurses, or nursing-home aides in contact with dozens or even hundreds of COVID-19 patients for hours every day.
Attorney Alan S. Pierce featured in The Best Lawyers Employment Law Issue with article “Labours’ Lost”
- Click here to listen the podcast where Alan Pierce & Judson Pierce host “A Patriotic Obligation”: Kenneth Feinberg and the 9/11 Fund” on Workers Comp Matters
- Attorney Alan S. Pierce featured in The Best Lawyers Employment Law Issue with article “Labours’ Lost”
- Attorney Alan S. Pierce writes “Safe at home….but out at the industrial accident board recreational injuries-proof and defenses”
- Attorney Alan S. Pierce featured in magazine with article “Lives and Labours Lost Covid-19 in the Workplace”
- Four exceptions to the ‘exclusive remedy’ doctrine